Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing #13

I'm not sure that I'm completely on the Delicious bandwagon yet. Sure, it's great to be able to get bookmarks on other computers, but I can do that on iGoogle too. I did make a personal account, and I think I might like poking around in other people's bookmarks occasionally, but it's just not thrilling me.

I also set up an account for my library, however, and that could be very useful. I can encourage teachers to add bookmarks in various subject and research areas, and I can do the same. I can set up certain tags for students to use on projects, rather than having them start from scratch with searching. This could turn out to be a very useful tool. I will have to see how it goes. At a previous campus, I maintained files of hotlists on the school server for teachers to use, which was a lot of work. Delicious would make this easier. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment