Friday, August 7, 2009

Thing #19

There were lots of interesting sites on the Web 2.0 Awards. I didn't find anything that I will be putting to immediate use in the classroom, but there is a lot to explore here.

I love to cook (and my husband loves to eat out :)) , so a lot of the food sites caught my attention. I tried out UrbanSpoon and added their slot machine widget to my blog. I'm also interested in Recipe Key, where you can upload the contents of your pantry and it will find recipes that you can cook with what you have. There are also some good looking cooking blogs there that I might try. CrazyMenu also looks interesting- it has a feature that will email your friends (kind of like an evite) and the group can choose a place to eat. My husband would like that :).


I was glad to see DonorsChoose on the philanthropy section. People can go to this site and see various small projects or needs of classroom teachers that they can donate towards. Teachers can register their needs through a link on the right side. Several teachers in my schoool have tried this. I think this is a great example of how the internet can be used to bring communities together and harness the resources we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment